Country Carbon adheres to a Code of Practice and Ethics.
- Act honestly and in good faith;
- Ensure all information is being shared with clients is factual and not misrepresented;
- Excise the care, due diligence and skill that a reasonably prudent person would exercise in comparable circumstances;
- Take all reasonable steps to protect confidential information.
As an aggregator and project developer Country Carbon shall not fail to:
- Negotiate in good faith with the buyer or seller of a credit;
- Present to the seller all documents in plain language.
Disclose to the seller:
- The pricing formula;
- All deadlines that are arbitrary and set by the member;
- The approved methodology the seller is using;
- All transaction costs, verification fees, management fees, and any other deductions;
- The timing of payments;
- Information the seller is required to track each year.