Do I qualify?
For regrowth this includes two key methods:
Avoided clearing of native regrowth
- The land must have been cleared at least twice in the past.
- It must have been used for grazing or cropping after each clearing event, before native forest regenerated.
- Must have forest cover*.
Native forest from managed regrowth
- Have you cleared the area at least once for pastoral use?
- Prior to the clearing, was there forest cover on the area?
- Have you changed your farm management practices to allow the regrowth of the native vegetation?
- The area has not yet reached forest cover*.
Carbon credits are earned from the regrowth of native vegetation on areas that can be cleared. The number of credits is determined by clearing history, regrowth extent and location.
* Forest cover must be over 2m tall and provide cover to more than 20% of the land.
Think you may qualify?
Get in touch with Country Carbon to learn more.